Saturday, October 23, 2010

new illness

Fall. The leaves are beautiful and it is getting cooler! My lungs are having fun trying to breath normal in this cold weather and it is kind of awkward when you are coughing a nasty cough in public and people think you must be very ill and shouldn't be out of the house. Sorry folks, let me bust out my handy dandy inhaler and take a few puffs. (I always feel like such a nerd, i blame movies for this). But that is not the title of this post. I have a NEW illness to add to my list. This one is serious, and i didn't realize how real it would be........

Senioritis folks. I am a Senior in College and it is midterms. I am SO ready to be done. Barely passing? That's OK by me!! C-? I really am not feeling too bad about that. I am loving my classes this semester and am learning so much so i don't mind if it doesn't show up on my report card. I have missed quite a few classes semester and have stressed myself beyond reason trying to stay 100% caught up and maintaining my 3.4 GPA but you know what? There is no need. I need to take care of myself and if i graduate with a 3.2 instead of a 3.4, no one is really going to care. I am proud of what I have accomplished. How have i pulled off mostly A's and B's when I miss 1/2 of the semester? I didn't do it on my own that's for sure. It is 12:45 am and i am trying to memorize Jewish terms like Halakhah, Aggadan, Mitzvot, Taryag, etc for my Judaism & the Gospel class. Such an interesting class but i have found over the past 2 years my brain has strictly converted to Health related information making it impossible to learn and remember anything else. I will take calculating BMI and VO2 max any day over memorizing facts.
I am going to miss taking classes when i am graduated, but i am really not going to miss the homework and the never-in-bed-before-1am-nights. 
So my goal for tomorrow's midterm, no matter what grade i get i am going to leave the testing center singing some self motivating song. Here are a few of my ideas...
"at first i was afraid, i was petrified.......I will survive"
"We are the champions my friends, and we'll keep on fighting to the end"
Maybe i will settle for humming Chariot's of Fire or a little Rocky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment