Sunday, October 10, 2010

i think i can i think i can

school is starting to get stressful as we approach my 2nd least favorite time of the year....midterms. with that being said, any guesses what my number 1 least favorite time of the school year is? i always get stressed out and overwhelmed during midterms trying to stay caught up on homework and studying for tests when i have already missed a lot of classes this first month. i usually feel like there is too much to possibly do in the time i have and feel like there is no way i can get through it all. and yet, i have gotten through midterms 12 times before in my college career and made it through every time! (that includes my spring and summer semesters over the years). This year isn't even going to be that bad. after missing a lot of my 10:00 class due to some unfortunate headaches, i decided it would be best to withdraw from the class and try it again next semester. There is no point in stressing myself out and not learning anything in this class when i still have to take a class next semester anyways. I am proud of myself for getting through what i have accomplished and am so close to being done. I always loved that book growing up The Little Engine That Could and it seems to have turned out to be a good motto for my life. "i think i can, i think i can." I think i can and somehow i always make it over the hill. I'm grateful i don't have to do it on my own. Grateful for my Heavenly Father, Priesthood blessings, encouraging family members, and understanding teachers.

 on the bright side: I got to stay with the cutest couple down in St. George while helping out with the senior olympics. She had Fibromyalgia as well and it was great talking to her. her and her cute husband are very happy and are best friends. glad i have a best friend to help me through life every day.

rough spots: headaches have continued to get worse with no relief. my body seems to have given up on the idea of letting Advil or Excedrin work to help relieve the pain but i have appointments with some of my old neurologists to see if we can brainstorm some creative solutions. hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment